HELP ASAP.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Iluvlilly!, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Treva Brodt

Treva Brodt Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2019
    West Union, Ohio
    I’m not going to even try to make you feel bad because you didn’t take it upon yourself to call the vet. You’re doing everything within your power to give her the help she needs. I’m sorry for the loss of her kids. It’s always different for folks likes us. Goats are affectionate and goat people tend to be empaths (at least the ones you meet here). I would just caution you about grain. I just lost the sweetest boy EVER after him being off his feed for several days. I bought quality hay from TSC and kept fresh hay and water out for him for a good week. I think I let him have grain too soon after having a problem with his rumen. I let him eat what he wanted as soon as his appetite picked up. If I understand correctly, rich grain on an empty rumen creates a thiamine deficiency and sets the stage for goat polio. I let him back in with the herd and within two days he was dying. Being seen by an expert is always best but sometimes you just can’t save them. Just be careful with your feed and I hope you are able to figure out her vitamin and electrolytes.

CaramelKittey and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. Treva Brodt

Treva Brodt Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2019
    West Union, Ohio
    Oh I’m so sorry. I didn’t see your last post. Some times it’s just not supposed to be. You tried.

CaramelKittey and Iluvlilly! like this.

3. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Thank You everybody for all of your help and support:hug: You guy's mean so much to me:D I honestly am so thankful that you guy's are here to help me have the best for my herd as I can:) When I first came here with with one of my copper deficient does I didn't even know anything about loose minerals or copper or zinc etc.. but now I know a lot more and am able to keep my does happy and healthy! Of course they will get sick now and then but they are doing a lot better!! I am just so happy to be able to have such kind people too help me:squish: Thank you all very much:ty: And thanks for being here if I have a question on a doe or need help!! It helps me out a LOT!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are very welcome, that is what we are here for. :hug:

5. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Sometimes a vet just isn't an option. Wether it be financial, lack of a vet or the directive from the actual owner, no one should judge another as none of us know all the details. I'm sorry she lost all the kids, hopefully, next go around things will go better.

6. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

We're all here to help. I'm glad you doing better! TGS IS the BEST! :hug:

Iluvlilly! and toth boer goats like this.
  7. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Sorry, I just saw this! I completely agree that TGS is the BEST!:squish: