The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 ND boys 8.5 weeks old have received CD&T at 6 weeks (plan to do a booster this weekend) bottle fed formula and have never had a problem. They eat fresh orchard grass hay and some oak leaves, love to play and super friendly. They both have extremely enlarged left sides but show no negative symptoms. I’m not sure what to do. They are both hungry and want to keep eating and playing. They are pooping and peeing fine and ate some baking soda that I offered. Any advice. I just love them with my whole heart and want them to be ok. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 2 ND boys 8.5 weeks old have received CD&T at 6 weeks (plan to do a booster this weekend) bottle fed formula and have never had a problem. They eat fresh orchard grass hay and some oak leaves, love to play and super friendly. They both have extremely enlarged left sides but show no negative symptoms. I'm not sure what to do. They are both hungry and want to keep eating and playing. They are pooping and peeing fine and ate some baking soda that I offered. Any advice. I just love them with my whole heart and want them to be ok. Thank you!

·
Registered
603 Posts
If they are eating hay throughout the day their rumen will expand to accommodate it. Looks like they just have properly working rumens. I have kids with much larger left sides. As long as they aren’t acting lethargic, having trouble getting up, or not wanting to eat grain. If you do think something is wrong with them though, keep asking questions and telling us about their care and behavior. Are they offered loose minerals? Also welcome to the forum!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts