Help - Blood when peeing?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Trace, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Yikes - I just saw lulu peeing and it lookd like blood is coming out when she pees.

She is bright and eating - ran with me on our walk.

I have had her for a month or so and one month before I got her she was exposed to a buck - so there was a sligh poss that she was preggers.

Help???? Thoughts?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    small amounts of blood can mean she is aborting.

Watch her closely but you may never see it again

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    sounds like she aborted :(
    one of mine did that this month, only 30 days bred

Just watch her closely

4. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks guys -I knew that I could rely on you for help.

I will watch her closely - and report back in the am.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Has she had anything to eat that would change her urine? Like beet tops or anything? I really hope that is it and not that she is aborting.

6. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Regular pee today - so I think that she might have been aborting. :( I will look around the oen tommorow for signs of a foetus. :(

I am going to keep her locked up tonight so that I cna see if she pees blood in the shavings tonight.

THanks guys for the help. You rock.

7. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    It didn't sound like she was bred for very long so the odds of you finding any evidence would be pretty slim.

Another thought and this is from experience. I have a doe that I thought had aborted on her last freshening. Her urine was red tinged with blood so I thought miscarriage. Later when she began forming a nice udder I thought maybe she only lost part of the kids she was carrying. The blood came back sometime later and I discovered what was causing it. It seems one of my horned goats had caught her vulva with a horn and made a small tear. She went on to deliver twin numancha bucklings. IF your goats are horned you might look for a small injury. She might still be pregnant.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She may be fine and still pregnant. Sometimes a concentration of copper or iron in the system will be flushed by their kidneys. If she comes back into heat, then you'll know for sure that she aborted.

9. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    hmmm - well this is all great info.

The bigger goat is really really rough with her - that is why I was thinking abort. Yet another reason why Cookie will be leaving us soon.

If she was bred - then she was bred probably in september - she is not showing any signs of an udder at all.

10. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Locked them in teh stall again all night - no blood in the shavings.

So looks she is fine.

If she did abort - that's fine - I am a goat newbie - so possibly not the best person to have a kidding going on just yet - and I say yet.......... :)