The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my bucks to a smaller pen has been ate down a little by the does. I decided to up there grain a little since there pen was smaller. And today my oldest buck has the green runs and just looks pitiful. He lays around alot but does get up to great me and get a drink and eat. Ive given him hay and he will get no grain tonight. Also gave him pepto and probotics. And being he was a little lean i was going to worm but with this going on i thought about baycoxs to. So would it be ok to give cydection sheep drench and baycox? Being green runs i want to say its the grain. And it is really watery got it on his legs and tail :(.

·
Super Moderator
58,864 Posts
How much did you up his grain? It probably is the grain. If you are going to worm, I would just do 1 at a time since he is already not feeling well. Definitely probios and I would give him B Complex too. No grain until poop is back to normal.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was getting some every few days i gave him and his pen partener a large fast food cup full. And realized know that was a stupied move since they was only getting a half of that cup every few days. Well lesson learn cant have stupied moments guess i was thinking they would like a litte extra for being good boys and took the move ok. Ive got Vit-b with thiamine that should be ok to give? Just wondering how much pepto and how often? There was all kind of different amounts online

·
Registered
30,574 Posts
cd antitoxin would be good too :D

·
Registered
30,574 Posts
pepto is 5 cc for kids and 10-15 cc for adults...there is no fear of over dosing pepto

·
14,615 Posts
Your B with Thiamine is great to give.
As for Pepto there really is set dose;
3-6 cc or more. If someone here tells you more than by all means do. See? Cathy just did.
Yeah they got a little more than they should have but they'll be fine.;)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i gave him 10 cc this am should i give a dose tonight? I think i will as its still running out of him :(

·
Registered
30,574 Posts
twice daily is fine along with cd antitoxin and probios ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts