Help! Can't post?

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by Anonymouse, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

Dec 2, 2020
    AR
    I'm new to this forum. I'm trying to post an introduction but I keep getting an error that says my post is Spam and to try again later?

error.PNG

I can't seem to find how to contact Admin to resolve this issue?

ETA, I did not post anything that was cussing, spam like, or inappropriate so I'm not sure why I am getting this error.

2. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

Dec 2, 2020
    AR
    I'm getting really frustrated. There is literally nothing in my post that should be inappropriate. I have not included any links to anything. No cuss words. I do have two photos inserted of my goats. I tried to remove the photos to see if that was the problem, but still got the same error.

I'm frustrated enough that if I can't get any help very quickly, I will probably just leave the site altogether. Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm here looking for some quick feedback on a possible health issue and can't even get to the community at large for help. Ambiguous errors, that tell me absolutely nothing about how to correct whatever is blocking my post, only lead to frustration and a poor user experience.

3. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Your post worked in introduction - so you should be able to go ahead and post your health question. It takes a few posts in order for you to be able to include pics, so you may not be able to do that right now. Just be as descriptive as possible - there are a lot of knowledgable people here. Sorry for your frustration.

toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.
  4. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

Dec 2, 2020
    AR
    I've tried. I've tried to post in Introductions. I've tried to post in Beginners Goat Raising. I get the same error every time. I posted a screenshot of the error which doesn't explain what about my post it doesn't like or why it is flagging it as inappropriate.

ETA - I tried to remove the photos that were inserted. It doesn't work either. I get the same error when I write a post with or without photos.

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Post your question in this thread since it is working for you. I reported it to the admin.

MadHouse and happybleats like this.
  6. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

Dec 2, 2020
    AR
    There are a couple of questions that I was trying to ask, but this is probably the most pressing -

I had a vet out today to check out one of my horses and asked her to look at Peter because one of his horns (a scur?) seemed to be curling into the back of his skull. I was worried it would hurt him. The vet grabbed some hoof clippers to try to clip it and the entire horn just fell off. While it looks like a bloody stump to me, the vet said it was hardly bleeding at all. Is this normal? Is there anything I should do for it? Neither of these goats are particularly tame so I'd have to literally lasso him and wrestle him to the ground if I need to put anything on it....which I CAN do, but probably not until they bed down for the night.

7. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can't see the picture but horns tend to bleed a lot. You can put Blukote on it.

8. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

I am sorry you got so frustrated. I know what it’s like when you are stressed and technology isn’t working for you.
    I can see your picture. If you donhave Blukote, you can put iodine on it. It looks like it is not pouring blood.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Scurs do fall off sometimes and it looks OK. I see the pic.

Blue kote is a good thing to use.

I see your name and I wonder if that is making the system think it is suspicious maybe?

goatblessings and MadHouse like this.
  10. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

Dec 2, 2020
    AR
    I still cannot post.... I just tried a completely new introduction post in the Introduction Forum and I get the same error.

I guess this site is simply not for me. I will go find another goat forum to get some help & advice. Thank you to those of you who tried to respond.

11. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

:( I wish we could help you somehow. Maybe with your permission your account could be deleted and you could resign up and maybe it would be different.

MadHouse likes this.
  12. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Good idea!
    This is really the best goat forum!

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A suggestion I normally do not want to make.

Make a new account.
    Try to pick a different name.
    It may be your name you have chosen which is making the system suspect suspicious activity, not sure but that is all I can suggest.

Please note:
    I do not want anyone else to do this, if they do not like their name etc. it makes things confusing and messy, but, I want to try to help the OP in this situation.

MellonFriend, MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.