The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. We're new goat owners and we have a doe that seems to be having a difficult labor. She seems to be having contractions, but I can't see a baby goat or bag or anything. Instead, we see what looks like a wad if pink flesh. She pushes it out to something a little smaller than a tennis ball and when the contraction ends, it sucks back in. That can't be normal. What is it? Do I try to intervene?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No vet near us. She is due. She doesn't seem to be in pain. She walks around, eats, etc. I'll try to get a picture soon.

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
If the pink thing is coming out her hoo haw and going back in. it's a little large but, okay as long as it goes in. If it's coming out her rectum it's an emergency.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's her hoo haw, and it does go back in. Again, she doesn't seem stressed. I'm more stressed than she is. Do I just let it be, or do I do the whole wash/sugar thing? Do I need to bring her to a vet?

·
728 Posts
Keep us posted as she progresses

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She's still acting normal and I haven't seen it today. Might just be my timing. She's moving around, grazing, etc.

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
Goathiker..you are a well of information : )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts