The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought 4 does ob Feb 14. The one doe is in labor today which the guy said she's not due until beginning of April. She was pushing and pushing and nothing. I got some help to hold her and it was all I could do to get my hand in but I do believe her cervix is not dialiated. What do I do? I asked the guy if he was sure on the date and he said it could be off but had 1st of April for her due date. I was hoping he was off on the date and the kid just needed turned but I knew something else was wrong when it was a struggle to just get my hand in.

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
It's been 44 minutes since you posted..any new developments?

Reactions: CaramelKittey

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just came from barn...she keeps squatting like shes going p...pushing and grunting..goo but that's it..bloody goo

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
Blood or amber goo? Can you send a pic of what you see?

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
Is she a first time mom?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Just saw this. You can take a cc of lute in a syringe (without the needle) and put it directly on the cervix. You have to manually dilate her. However, she sounds like a prime candidate for a c-section. If she was in heavy labor hours ago with zero dilation, those kids don’t have time to wait.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
My doe was doing similar things when she was in labor. Her kids came 1 hour and 30 minutes apart. Unfortunately, the second kid was DOA. Hopefully this won't be the case with your doe.
How is she progressing? Is she having strong or weak contractions?
My doe had weak contractions as the kid was not in the birth canal. We had to go into our doe up to our elbows to get the kids out, so be prepared if you must.
Hopefully everything turns out OK! (pray)

Edit:
Uploading a video would be great if you are able to. Simply upload the video to YouTube and post the link on TGS.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts