1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,290 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is 3 was bred at one and had a healthy buck normal delivery un assisted .... Tryed to breed her last year one time only in December no luck but was at end of heat .....
Bred her on the 5 th of November late in heat again as the buck owner was no available earlier ...... Came back in and was rebred on the 20th stood great three good pokes:) Today she is acting like she in mild heat. Lovin on the buck rag ,... And being grouchy ...... Tail raised .... Not flagging yet .... But since last breed her teats have gotten much bigger .. Not her udder

·
Super Moderator
32,290 Posts
Im not great with pooches, she does look a bit tight...no settling but could be too soon to tell..

here is an article on cystic overies...I would discuss this with your vet. If she is at a good weight, have access to loose minerals, Selenium level is good..then this woul dbe my first guess...

http://kinne.net/infert1.htm

·
2,180 Posts
Is it possible she is bred and having a false heat? Her teats have changed ... But not her udder
Def possible. Once the embryo implants, hormones change. The first two weeks are crazy for the ladies. The whole first month can be life-changing for them too...hang in there. See if she cycles again. You can work with some hormone therapy if she doesn't take. You won't hit the early shows, but you can hit up mid summer/late shows still.

·
Super Moderator
32,290 Posts
Does can act in heat 3 weeks after being bred..so yes, I agree...its possible...Yes cycles can be off with Cystic overies....but whenall your options are out..it wouldnthurt to talk to your vet :thumbup:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok sk I might have been premature on heat no signs of it this morning no flagging ( none yesterday she was just raising her tail) no vocals all that she did was love on buck rag and me kinda nasty to other does...... Fingers crossed ...... Gonna ultra sound in a few weeks

·
Super Moderator
32,290 Posts
Pulling blood in 30 days and sending to biotracking is a good way to confirm pregnancy...I belive an ultra sound is done between 60-120 days bred, for best results, some say as soon as 32 days..but thelonger you wait the better chance of a successful read, some can even see how many babies...

Best wishes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts