Help......emergency

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by leslie0815, Feb 12, 2008.

1. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I have a friend thats having trouble with a does first kidding, she called me because I do know a little more than her but is there anyone who will call her and help her please......

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    My mom is on the phone right now, but what is the problem?

3. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    What is the problem?

4. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
    emergency

First kidding and she said the doe has been in labor all day......I haven't had any kids so I was lost as what to tell her......She is in tears, Stacey called her and is trying to help her, Thanks so much

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am sorry she is going through this. I am sure Stacey has given her great advice.

6. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    Just looking for an update...........Was Stacey able to help? How are things over there?

CJ

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Isn't Stacy so helpful?She helped me a lot with my doe.How's everything going with the doe?

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Stacey, do you want to give us a update? Did everything go well? :pray:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she was afraid the doe was in to much distress so I suggested she wash up good and try going in.

She called me back and said she could get pretty far in but there was no baby stuck.

I told her the doe was getting really close but to get a good nights rest and update me in the morning.

I havent heard a thing yet this morning, I have to go to work here in an hour but she also has my cell number.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    :stars: Yea Stacey :stars:
    If Stacey can not be reached, she can call me. I am at work, but I run the office.
    719-440-1623.

Stacey, I assume that you are feeling better? I sure hope so I know you were really under the weather.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cough is still a killer but I am functioning much better - thanks for asking.

I even got some clothes put away last night! I was so proud of myself!!!! I have felt like doing NOTHING for over a week.

12. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I glad you're better,Stacey. I've read about an awful virus going around out east- yuk.

13. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
    RE: Help

Hi ya'll we talked this morning and she said things were still rolling along and she would update and call Stacey as things progressed. I really want to thank ya'll, She was so distraught when she called me, her first kidding . She thought It would happen kinda of fast I think. So hopefully all will go well. I love you guys so nice to help newbies. God sure will bless ya'll.....

Leslie

14. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Glad to hear you are feeling better Stacy.Hope eveything worked out o.k. with the doe.

15. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Glad you were able to help Stacey!

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I got a call saying the doe was droolling out her mouth and has a nasal discharge.

I recomended she call the vet, as this is out of my league

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    When she said drooling is it like literally drooling or is a foamy cud? If its a foamy cud then that is not a problem, just baking soda helps. If its drooling then she should call the vet. What color is the nasal discharge, did she say?

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    drooling enough to soak a towl in a short period of time.

no she didn't say how the nasal discharge was.

19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Did she say if she had any other symptoms like loss of control in the limbs or starry eyed appearance? Tremors? Is she weak?

I think I may have read that sometimes does who are experiencing milk fever can have drooling but I'll have to double check.

20. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
    RE: Help

Yes she called me and asked me to come help her take the kids.......I said no way, she is a sweet girl but she is still young and bless her heart can barely take care of her self......I told her to call the vet also, that if she tried to take the kids she would more than likely loose them all. I hope she took our advice.