help! find cashmere goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by grace, May 14, 2009.

1. grace

grace New Member

May 13, 2009
    i would like to purchase a few cashmere goats....do you know of any herds in the Tn, Ms,Mo,ala , ga or Ark area?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome - I dotn know of any but there are a couple cashmere goat breeders on the board who should be able to give you some info.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Back when I was interested in cashmeres I had found a breeder in VA and OH, but I can't find their sites. I think there is a cashmere goat breeders assocation if you google it.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have to welcome you....so glad ....you are here with us...... :wave:

I am so sorry ..I can't help with your question....but as Stacey mentioned...there are a few cashmere breeders here............I hope ...they may be able... to direct you.. in the right direction.... :wink: :hug:

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, I'm a Cashmere goat breeder. I got starter does from a fellow up in northern PA, got a buck from Green Fence Farm in VA. But, I don't know of anyone further south then that...were are you located? I'm expecting some more kids here soon and I have kids ready to wean anytime. :greengrin:

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

7. grace

grace New Member

May 13, 2009
    Di, thank you for the reply. Sweetgoats is responsible for me joining this site. do you have a web site I can go to or talk with you more directly? Grace

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, no website yet, you can e-mail me dkroemig@msn.com. I'll go get some pics and post them...they are such cuties!

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I was so excited. Grace and her family were here in Colorado Springs for the Air Force Graduation and they came out to my place.
    Super super neat family and Grace I will hold you to coming back next year to buy some babies. :dance: