HELP!!Goat has something in throat?!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hannah21, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Hannah21

Hannah21 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    :GAAH: I've been feeding my pygmy goat alfalfa pellets everyday,she's due to kid this month,I noticed a big lump on her right side of her neck,she has CL and I check her everyday for any lumps,this happened within two days..she drank some water,but seems off.

Attached Files:

2. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    That does not look like CL....if its under her chin, could be bottle jaw..its hard to tell on the pic its actual location...check her lower inner eye lids for color..you want a deep pink to red color...take her temp..101.5-103.5 is normal range...
    is she eating ok? Pooping berries? peeing?

3. Hannah21

Hannah21 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    She's pooping perfectly and peeing,I checked her lids nice dark pink,it's flat feeling..it's huge,I'll keep an eye on it.

4. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    maybe a few extra pix will help us see what you see...a side view a straight off shot..ect...

5. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    Could be a abcess……..have you noticed any cuts or broken skin in the area ? You might want to shave the area so you get a better look at it.
    Maybe a tooth abcess…..?

6. Hannah21

Hannah21 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    It's looks like it went down in size,all skin around it is good no cuts..it came on so fast two days is all it took!