The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goat isn't wanting to move around. She can move if she wants to, although slowly, but my neighbor said she stood in one spot for 2 hours. She also doesn't seem to take interest in eating feed, even when I bring it to her. She is looking pretty large and I thought she might be kidding but none of my other does did this when they were kidding. I thought it might be bloating but I bumped her belly and it didnt seem inflated like in bloated animals. She doesn't even follow the herd when it's time for feed or to go out and graze, and normally she would freak out if she was left by herself. This has been happening yesterday and today. Anyone know what this might be? Google hasn't turned anything up. I can upload pictures and video of her in a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
32,306 Posts
Take her temp.ASAP
is she hunched up
teeth grinding?
head hanging,
is her left side extended over her rib, tight?
Do you hear or feel any rumen function? Gasses gurggling?
When is she due to kid?
Is poop normal?
does her pee or breath smell grossly sweet?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take her temp.ASAP Okay, I'll get it tommorrow morning
is she hunched up? No
teeth grinding? No
head hanging? No, all seems pretty normal
is her left side extended over her rib, tight? She's looking pretty fat on both sides
Do you hear or feel any rumen function? Gasses gurggling? Will check tommorrow.
When is she due to kid? I don't know exactly when she wa bred
Is poop normal? As far as I could see, no signs of diarrhea.
does her pee or breath smell grossly sweet? Breath seemed normal when I was checking her gums (pale-ish pink) but will check again while taking temp

·
Super Moderator
32,306 Posts
could be several things..:thinking: with out all the details its hard to say...could be her rumen is upset, need to know how her rumen is functioning
she could be ill, a temp will help us there
could be pregnacny toxemia or ketosis
could be Hypocalcemia
here is more to look at tomorrow
is her udder super tight, shiny,
has the kids dropped
is her rear swollen and baggy?
these are all signs of pending kidding
check for anemia
when was she last wormed and with what and how much?
I know its alot of questions, but the more we know whats happening the better we can help you help her ;)

I agree with Karen, start with Probios and B complex...

·
Super Moderator
32,306 Posts
its hard to tell...she did look a bit hunched, but looked also to be scratching her horns on the slide lol..so I dont know..hopefully she will be 100% tomorrow..if not get as much info gathered and lets see if we can figure it out...

·
Super Moderator
32,306 Posts
Temp is good...rumen sound is good news...

hows everything else?

·
Super Moderator
32,306 Posts
Her temp is on the high side of normal..so I would watch that...they can spike prtty fast...And rumen function is good news..so it might not be a rumenal issue...but we cant rule it totally out...you need to see her chew a cud, eat normal, poop berries and pee well...it could be she is getting close to kidding and is uncomfortable...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts