The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Goat is 8 years old and she just kidded on the 17th of may. I noticed on the 19th that she wouldn't eat but was still drinking water. I have given her Today until Tuesday I called my Vet and he gave me Pirsue and some antibiotics. enough for 2 days he said if she wasn't better by thursday then to call him back. But she is just laying around will hardly even get up. I have to keep water close by her or she wont drink. I can get her to eat a few leaves but thats it. I am giving her 4-6 500 Mg Vitamin C she has had a B12 shot of 3 cc. Half her bag is just a big hard ball. SOLID. I can get a little milk out but not much. It's a nasty chunky type. It is warm but not hot. I am trying everything but it don't seem to work. The vet told me that when I infuse the Pirsue into her udder to not milk her out until 24 hours later when I got ready to put the next dose in her. I am having to bottle feed her babies ( not a problem here they are doing great.) Does anyone have any ideas that could help. She is in pain and I don't know what to give her. I have gave what the vet said. This is her last breeding. I only bred her this time because she is my best doe and was hoping to get a good buck out of her and that I did. But I don't want to lose her. She is my sons goat. It was his first show goat when he was 5.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you tried warm compresses on the udder? When I had mastitis in one of my does, I tried to milk out every little bit I could, and placed warm compresses on the udder. My only problem was that my doe had a faulty udder to begin with - split teats and bad duct problems.

I'm so sorry about your doe! The warm compresses might really help.

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
See if your vet will sell you enough Banamine for 3 or 4 days. That will give pain relief and help with the swelling and inflamation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts