The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you for reading my post.
I can't get the stains out, I've tried the purple stuff, dawn with bleach, whiting shampoo
And it's not working. Any other ideas?
It's not that bad just a tint of it but I want to get it off before show. Thank you!!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
I would clip it off... using a long guard and taking as little off as possible. If nothing else works and it really bothers you, that's what I would do! To prevent it I would give baths more often to keep them clean. :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i absolutely agree clpping is the way to go. i've shown alot of animals in my life and there is nothing that takes it out. we clip at he beginning of the season and then keep them clean after that.

·
14,615 Posts
In addition to clipping, have you tried Cowboy Magic? Spray liberally, rub into the area & let sit for 10 minutes before rinse.
But if you've tried everything else it might not make a significant improvement.

·
2,203 Posts
We used a paste of oxyclean and orvus on my piglet doeling this year (Saanen).

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I was going to suggest cowboy magic also. That stuff is great.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry this took so long, my internet was down all day. It was killing me not being able to respond, I think I got more stuff done today with it being down. :)
I will go to tsc and try cowboy magic
I do like the idea of clipping at beginning of season then keeping it up
Here's a pict of my Kimbra and her yellow color :(

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
We have used talc powder with success. Baby powder you can smell. You pay it in next to the skin. It doesn't whiten the hair, just a temporary coverup. And you can also brush with an oil over the top without globs. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can try using hydrogen peroxide. I work at a carriage company we take blue dawn with mrs stewards blueing. You find it in the laundry section mix them together add some h2o. Wash them with the mix and leave it on them for a min or two but not to long it will turn them blue. It take a few washes to really get them white but t works on the urine stains that the white horses get. At the show you can always put a little baby power to hide the stains.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts