The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im very new to this and I dont know how to administer the correct treatment
I bought Red cell and I dont know what to give or how often. It states the correct dosage for horses, but .....
I bought injectable iron as well. I cant get a hold of injectableB-12 so im hoping there is another source to keep her alive
Any advice/help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If you have the ferrous 100 (pig iron injectable) inject 1 cc (mL) per 20 lbs in the muscle. I would do this daily until her color looks good. Then once every 3-4 days for a couple of weeks after. I would not use the red cell with the injectable.

You should be able to get fortified b complex at any feed store. That is dosed the same but I would give s minimum of 5 cc sub q (under the skin).

Have you dewormed? If not, inject 1 cc per 20 lbs of ivomec injectable sub q as well. Do one dose every 10 days three times.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! I use Cydectin and I gave it to her on the 13th. She is very weak :"(
Is there any food source or grain source I should give her as well?

·
Registered
29,854 Posts
I agree with ogfabby except I give Ivomec at the rate of 1 cc per 40# sub Q...
Alfafa is a good food source for anemia..is she eating well? still drinking peeing and pooping normal? have you got a temp on her??

·
Registered
29,854 Posts
good point sassykat!!...no valbazen if bred..safe guard is "ok" for tape if shes bred

1 - 8 of 8 Posts