The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Yall! Look what I found this morning! Beautiful, healthy little boy. He was born sometime early this morning. I have been on baby watch for 3 days and she has him early in the morning when I'm sleeping I have not observed him nursing yet so that concerns me. I tried to assist but she wasn't having none of that right now. But he was rooting and she is very interested in him so I think they will be fine. I am just so relieved everything is fine. Just wanted to give yall an update.

Attachments

Great news! Congratulations, you’ve got to hold her and teach her to be a momma. Make sure he gets colostrum ASAP. She’ll get it once he latches on and nurses her down and makes her feel better. With my FF, especially young ones after they drop their placenta and I check their temp, it must be within normal range I give them a dose of banamine and use preparation h on their lady parts.
If they’re more comfortable they are more receptive to being a mom.
Again, congratulations:) cute little buckling!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.