The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have had this boy since Feb 2010 and I had him banded in March 2010 when he was 3 months old. I verified he had both testicles down in the band prior to him releasing the band around it and both were still down after it was done and over with.

Since then I have had it verified by a vet that he actually has an extra set of testicles inside his body! I was told though that the body heat would keep him infertile so there should not be a problem having him in with the does...

BUT, last year he washed out an embryo out of a doe I had just brought home from being AI'd at the breeders, and this year he has mounted all my does numerous times! What perplexes me is that none are coming back in! This is becoming very costly since I have does at the breeders incurring boarding expenses and no breedings!

Is it really possible for him to be fertile? What can I do to verify he is fertile...besides playing the waiting game and pulling out my hair for the next 5 months?
:eek:

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
Oh dear ... is it possible he has an STD? Would that explain the girls not coming into heat?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh dear ... is it possible he has an STD? Would that explain the girls not coming into heat?
I would not think he could have an STD with the fact I have had him nearly his entire life and the girls he has been with prior to this issue have all had heats UNTIL now Sept-now...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a buckling that was surgically wethered by the breeder, and she said that she pulled both out. As he got older he started acting bucky, so I banded him thinking that she was mistaken. When he started peeing on me after he had been banded for weeks that was enough. My friend said he had found a buyer for my buck-wether to bring him to his house for the buyer to pick up. While the buck-wether was at his house he got my friends Doe pregnant, and 5 months later she delivered a pretty little doeling. Now his were up inside also, so to answer your question yes in my experience he could be fertile. I am sorry this is not what you want to hear.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your input. I am having blood drawn today on my does. My wether is now permanently living the bucky life with the bucks. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts