HELP Izadar is in labor

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Goat Crazy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I went out to the barn for chores and izadar was in labor. She has been pushing on and off for about 40 min. She has goo but no bubble has appeared I stuck my finger in her but couldn't get in any further then my finger. Do you think her cervix has opened up?

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Did you feel a ring like the cervix? if you can get your finger in there and sorta of rub it around the cervix it should help the cervix to open up. If it doesn't then I'm pretty sure it's ringwomb and you will probably need a c-section.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree ...if it hasn't opened and she is in active pushing labor.... a vet should be called right away... 40 minutes of pushing is way to long.... she needs help... :hug:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    any progress? did you call the vet?

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Praying this will be OK yes thats way tooo long something isnt right.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she kidded -- thread in the announcement area

7. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Re: HELP

I checked on her again tonight and her ligaments still have not returned I can feel them a little, but they are almost nonexistent they should have returned by now right? Its been around 36 hours since she kidded.
    She is also talking a lot. She'll talk in low tones and sounds kind of like a buck until I am out of sight then she starts yelling , she actually sounded kind of horse tonight. She's eating and drinking fine. She is pretty active too, not totally back to normal active, but she'll jump up on her pen and walk around the barn. She definitely isn't ready to hang out with couple of goats, but most does wouldn't be after a hard delivery.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    did she pass the afterbirth? I am sure she is missing her kids and doesnt want you to leave

9. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Yes, she past her after birth. I think your right about her missing her kid, though she never really saw the kid and this was her first kidding. When I milk her she acts like there is a kid under her, she will stand still while I milk her even after she finishes her grain and she hunches a little like moms do when the kid is nursing. I sat with her for about an hour after the kid was born, I was getting cold so I went back to the house and she really didn't want me to leave. So far she is the only one that really wants me with her when she's kidding.

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup she knows she had a kid even if he didnt make it. Its that whole hormonal thing that happens when they carry a kid to term and then go through delivery. TO her you are now her kid. You "nurse" off her and all too. So thats especially why she doesnt want you to leave.