The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can already tell by the title, I need help making a list of what I need to get for my goats. I'm still pretty new to all this and I'm not sure of what I need to get for them...
FYI: We really don't have much for the goats currently , and we still have some goats that are expecting!!
Literally if you need to make an essay of what I need to get, by all means go for it !!

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you want a list of every thing you need for raising goats, you need:

Fresh good quality hay
Loose minerals
Water at all times
Hay for bedding is good to have

BOSE
Needles and syringes
A couple different kinds of wormer (Ivermectin, Cydectin, Safeguard...)
Copper bolus

I forgot to add heat lamps to the last post.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Even if you don't leave collars on, you need to have a way to secure each goat in an emergency. Not little play collars, either. The buckle/tongue kind, wider ones are gentler on a goat that's not used to being tied. I also have a bunch of 18" lengths of chain with a good snap at each end. Leashes/lead ropes, too. More old towels and rags than you can imagine. Multiple styles of pans & buckets, scoops, a body brush or 2, A combination hoof pick/bristle brush and whatever hoof trimming tool you plan on using. Purple medecine, corona ointment or bag balm and some blood stop powder. You may not need this stuff for long periods of time, then you seem to need all of it at once:ahh:

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you want a list of every thing you need for raising goats, you need:

Fresh good quality hay
Loose minerals
Water at all times
Hay for bedding is good to have

BOSE
Needles and syringes
A couple different kinds of wormer (Ivermectin, Cydectin, Safeguard...)
Copper bolus

I forgot to add heat lamps to the last post.
I also recommend having pure Baking soda avalibe at all times to your goats it really helps when they have stomach issues and just like minerals they'll only eat what they need.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,627 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Probiotics
Milk of magnesia
Molasses (I like to give molasses and warm water after kidding, but molasses also helps disguise the taste of anything else I have to dose them with)
Bleach
Iodine was already mentioned for kidding, but I use it for all kinds of cuts and scrapes.
Kopertox, No Thrush, Hoof n' Heal, or something else to use on hoof problems.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Good fencing and seperation options in case you need it.
Connecting with a vet that will come out, best done before it’s suddenly an emergency.
Lubricant for taking temps, and for kidding.
BluKote.
Vet wrap.
Injectable Vitamin B complex.
Vet Rx for snotty noses, lice and ear mites
NuStock for any kind of skin problem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.