The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,402 Posts
What disease do they have? :p You don't want an anemic preggo Peggy Sue to become a sick, anemic Peggy Sue, right? There is your boost of spine....

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What disease do they have? :p You don't want an anemic preggo Peggy Sue to become a sick, anemic Peggy Sue, right? There is your boost of spine....
That's a very good point!

Of course, several look pregnant, and I could always just take two pregnant does and put them in the buck pen in quarantine with each other for company. Then there would be babies to play with and eventually sell...or possibly keep...

Maybe I'll just get three pregnant does....:D

· Rusty
186 Posts
Gosh they are all really really cute. I was looking at that goat on the left in the pen, is that a buck, maybe their sire? For however much you can see of him, he looks kind of pretty!

· Boers & Nubians
1,911 Posts
Yeah, I saw that buck too! Maybe they were bred to him? I don't know, I think I would want to take a pregnant doe or 2 (or 16). But I'm not really helping you resist them... :laugh:

They look pretty healthy to me. I know you can't really see diseases too much, but they are good weights and have shiny coats. You definitely can quarantine them for a while or get them tested. :)

· Registered
10,755 Posts
I am not helping because I think you should get as many preggo mamas as will fit in your quarantine pen and sell the extras that you don't want. They sure won't last long being free.

· Super Moderator
36,704 Posts
they look good..but CAE and CL doesnt always present itself right away...it would be a risk..but if you have the space to keep them seperate,,, the time to spend and tame them, and the money to feed and care for them...????

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sent an email since it's after 12pm. I really want the pregnant caramel and the grey agouti (who looks bred, too) hopefully they will still be available and I'll get them. Yay pending babies!

I am weak....:slapfloor:

· Super Moderator
36,704 Posts
I sure hope it wasnt a scam...It just look like a "too good to be true" kind of thing!! Ive seen where they put a number on there and the person who answers doenst know a thing about it..kind of mean....

fingers crossed!!

· Registered
10,755 Posts
Yeah that is true too Cathy I have seen some pygmies for give away here though, but they usually don't look that good. I think there are a lot of pygmies out there. I always think when I see them posted for free that they are gonna end up in someone's freezer, which isn't entirely a bad thing, but I just wonder if the people who give them away know that.

· Super Moderator
36,704 Posts
Yes.., the more I look at the pic th emore I wondered....all tagged...looking that good and the pens..not to mention that buck..very handsome...It would be a steal if it is true!! I dont raise pygmy but I would snag them any way!! lol

· Registered
10,755 Posts
See I don't either but If I had the quarantine pen I would do it, and then sell what I didn't want, a pygmie wether would make a good companion for a Nubian buck probably. Right now I wish I had a healthy doe to put in with Daff while Dru is gone, she has no one to snuggle with in these temps. That reminds me I need to ask the breeder how Dru is doing.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very good points!

I'm willing to call and find out anyway. This is an agricultural community and I wouldn't be surprised that someone let their kids' pet Pygmies get out of hand and wanted out of them. They wouldn't fetch anything at the stockyard and few people here keep pet goats. Possibly they are screening for a good home?

Can't hurt to call!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.