Help me decide

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sixshooterfarm, Feb 3, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    To sell almost all my bucks...... :cry: :cry: I have way too many and really need to figure out what in the world I am doing. Was on the phone with a good breeder and we had a long talk. I have so many different bloodlines and so many different styles of goats. I need to really concentrate on one style of goat and head that direction. My boys look like crap, I have to many and it is too expensive to feed every one. I am wanting to get back down to a very managable number, pretty much keep all my does for the most part, and sell almost all of my bucks, I am thinking of keeping anywhere from 3-5 bucks, and I think I know which ones I want to keep. But can you guys look at the pictures on my website and go to the herdsires page and let me know which ones you guys would keep and why. I know the pics are not the best, but please try your best, no one will hurt my feelings, please I want everyones honest opinion!!! thanks guys, :cry:
  2. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I split your post to its own but didnt know what you wanted for the title so I just guessed. You can change it if you want.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    did i count right - you have 16 bucks????

I don't know much but I will give my :2cents:

Perigonen has a steep rump - though a nice escoutcheon (sp?) I would sell him since you have other nice stock to stick with.

obsidian looks on the smaller side. Now if you want to have smaller nigerians then he should stay but if you want taller looking and more dairy like does I would sell him. He has more of the stout pygmy look.

but the others I have no idea
  4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Ok I would keep Obsidian, Romeo, Titan and Jester. I looked at the pedigrees and photos, and that is who I would keep.
  5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I know its hard becuase you love them all. I cried last time i had to send one of my bucks away. But in the end i know its best for my herd and my pocket book.
    Personally i really like hercules for his dairy character, he is a very dairy lettle buck with a pretty head long neck and level topline. he has nice short pasturns and is deep bodied. His toes look a little aplayed but he may of just needed a trim.
    I really like blues dancer too. his rump is a little steep but he is long bodied he islevel through his chine, not dippy. he has a long neck he has a deep brisket and a nice leg set. I wouldn't mind adding him if i had nigies.
    I also like miracles happen, he was in bad need of a foot trim in the first picture but he is very long bodied has short strong pasturns is very uphil and level. he has really nice rear leg angulation and a pratty face.
    I also like titan, he looks to be a wide powerful buck with a good deep barrel very open ribbing and a drrp brisket. i like his head and neck as well.
    Those four are my favorites. The fpur that i would keep, but i can only put an opinion and the ulimate decision is up to you and what style you are looking for in your goats.
  6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    How many bucks do you have???? :hammer: May the lord helpyou :help: !LOL I wish you luck in finding your bucks a home but I know little to nothing about dairy charactor :question: !
  7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i Was just looking again, im still sticking with the four bucks i chose before. But i also like the pedigree on el derado blues. I don;t know what he looks like but he seems to have an awsome pedigree combining some of the best nigerian lines in the country.
    Some of the names that pop out at me are tom thumb, kauri tree and solid gold. I think i would hang on to him as well. Simply for the pedigree. And if you have any does with those animals in their pedigree it might be intereting to breed them together for some line breeding.