Help me name my farm/herd name?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, May 14, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Hiya! New to the idea of doing this, and I don't want to use a name that is already out there. Can I do a search myself, or do I need someone who is a member? To become a member I need to have a herd/farm name right? *head spins*

Well, I wanted to go with Victoria Garden. My mother's name is Victoria, and whatever I go with, I want it to have "Garden" at the end of it. I really wanted "Victoria" like I said, because of my mother. Also, because it serves 2 purposes, I am doing a victorian theme to my website.

I want to have my fresh eggs, flowers, and other things on my site.

Thanks!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Will someone help me look up a farm/herd name?

how can we do a search if we dont know what the name is :shrug:

are you looking at ADGA or AGS or a differnt registry?

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ

I will PM you darlin' *laughs*

Edit: Well crap. There is already a website with that name. I figured it would be. I need something unique, but that also suits me. I dunno. Arg!
    *end rant*

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well just because the website has the name doesnt mean it is registered with a registry.

I dont have a way to check ADGA herd names but you can try calling them

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

All youhave to do to become a member is go to the website and sign up< you can pay with a credit card online if you like. You can sign up for a family membership or a youth or individually. Its a yearly fee. Every year you renew your membership then send you and adga book, listing all the members who signed up by a certain date. You can choose to have your breeds listed as well as your website and your email adress phone number and adress. They do it by state.
    At the back of the book they have a cross reference of herd names that are taken. and the owners of that herd name. You can also look up a persons name and cross reference the herdname if you dont know the herdname but know the persons name.
    It also has a list of herd names and i believe the state they are listed in.
    beth

6. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Well there used to be a way to look up herdnames on ADGA to see if it was taken but I can't seem to find it right now. But I can tell you that 'Victoria Garden' is not listed in the 2009 ADGA book as a herd name.

7. redsticker

redsticker Member

May 7, 2009
    SE Louisiana
  8. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    The ADGA herd name search is out dated. My herd name was accepted but it still doesn't show up there :shrug:

9. redsticker

redsticker Member

May 7, 2009
    SE Louisiana
    Well, that's frustrating! So far everything I've tried is already taken and now you're saying that's not even all the names accepted? Ouch.

10. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    I checked the link up above and my herdname didn't appear either, and I have had it for a few years and it used to come up - so I emailed ADGA and Ann said they no longer have a link to look up herd names, but if you send her the names you are looking at she can check them for you, email info@adga.org

Hope that helps some.