The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 month old was free ranging and got extra curious about my husband doing his oil change. While he was at the bench he managed to get under the car and get a lick or 2 in of the motor oil in the drain pan! Will she be ok? What should I do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Headed to town to get some its an hours ride each way.. Is that the same as they use in fish tank filters? The vet said said the same thing I just got off the phone but didnt know if there was anyone who had been in this situation before. Could kill my hubby! Who does an oil change with goats running around?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
My brothers did that once, when we were little they decided to change the oil out of a atv. Then low and behold the first boer we ever had went up and drank all the oil that came out of it. Why it wanted to drink that stuff I'll probably never know lol

The goat didn't die, it just had black scours for about a week and was back to normal. The only reason I'm telling you this is to assure you that your goat has a good chance at being ok especially if you have your vet involved. We didn't call our vet because we didn't know it happened till the goat started scouring and the little bros finally came forward about the ordeal -_-

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Yeah, won't really hurt her, just cause scours. I would, however, give her some probiotics (yogurt would be fine) to replace the bacteria in the gut that oil can kill.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I thought the fish tank charcoal was pellet form and the activated charcoal usually used was powdered form, dissolved in water and administered with a drenching syringe.
How does one administer pellet form charcoal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts