The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired 7 babies around 6 weeks old and have only had them home for a few hours but they wont stop pecking each other! so far i have had to seperate them all except for two pairs. a couple have started bleeding. i havent owned chickens since i was a child so im back at it fairly new.. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure you have a large enough area, plenty of food and water, and if someone is bleeding remove it till it's no longer bleeding or the others will peck at it.
Ive been able to separate them all to where they won't be harmed while they are healing but I'm worried they will continue even after I reunite them all. They have plenty of food and water so I'm wondering if its something else causing it..

·
Registered
402 Posts
Make sure you have a large enough area, plenty of food and water, and if someone is bleeding remove it till it's no longer bleeding or the others will peck at it.
Yep, separate them until healed! once they see blood they will not stop! My poor young chicken got pecked to death :( chickens are brutal to each other.

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
stress will cause them to peck eachother...

Too crowded
not enough food/ water
too hot or stuffy...

·
2,203 Posts
Which breed?? Meat breeds are TERRIBLE for pecking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts