The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,609 Posts
Hmm... that is strange. I'm not sure what that could be, but if it was on her side, I think it's more likely to have come from another goat's butt. I'd check under everyone's tails to see if you can identify who it was actually was from. Checking everyone's FAMACHAs wouldn't hurt either. And until someone else has a more helpful answer, don't panic. Goats have parasites all the time. If everyone is acting normal and their FAMACHAs look fine, this isn't an emergency. 😉

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Maybe round worm. But I agree..white goop maybe from another goat. Take a look at everyone and see who has good bum/poop

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Any heavy pregnant does? White goop could be mucus plug

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Yup...3 months along too soon for mucaus plug. And correct doesn't explain the worms..but just a thought.
I would send fecals in to meadowmistlabs...you get a full report of what and how much of any parasites. And only 6 bucks a test.

·
8,473 Posts
Put on clean surgical gloves, grab baggies and collect (as it falls) fresh poop pellets. You need at least a handful, 10-15 pellets. One bag per goat. Write their name on each bag. You can refrigerate over night and ship out the next day. The lab should tell you what paperwork to include and how to package your fecal samples.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts