I agree He got into something poisonous did he get into any of these,
1. Rhododendrons/Azaleas: All plant parts contain toxins that can cause vomiting, colic, paralysis and coma.
2. Mountain Laurel: Signs of poisoning include salivation, colic, vomiting and weakness.
3. Water Hemlock: Symptoms of poisoning include teeth grinding, increased salivation and seizures.
4. Poison Hemlock: A lethal dose can bring on respiratory failure in a few hours.
5. Death Camas: Symptoms of poisoning include vomiting, weakness and staggering.
6. Choke Cherry: The toxic seeds, bark and leaves—especially when wilted—can cause breathing difficulty, confusion, convulsions and sudden death.
when I posted about my goat with about the same symptoms someone said try charcoal, below is one of the comments I got about Fern
hope this helps
SPARKS879 said" im thinking she may have gotten into something poisenous, do you have any mineral oil and activated charcoal. The stuff you get at the pet sore. If you cant get it in powder get it in rocks and grind it up with a coffee grinder. mix with mineral oil as you can get down her.
hope this helps"