HELP needed/wanted

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nubiansrus1, May 13, 2010.

1. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Lacey my first timer la mancha doe had a black buckling about an hour and a half ago. About an hour ago I noticed there was another bubble. Looks like shes got twins... but shes not progressing along, the bubble is still there but its really long now, but not popped... I tried to check her out, and didnt feel anything there, but I barely went in, didnt wanna pop the bubble. Should I give her more time? Or does it sound like somethings wrong? The first buckling was good sized and she needed a little help... what do you all think?

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Have you tried bumping her to see if there is another kid you can feel? If you can then the kid is probably stuck. You can pop the bubble and go in and see if you can feel the kid. If you pop the bubble, go in, and can't feel a kid then she is done.

3. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009

Shes not the tamest of doelings and is a bit freaked out by this, I tried to bump her and didnt feel anything but she also wouldnt hold still. She seems saggy in the belly still so I thought then maybe there was another as well. So at this point has it been to long to not go in? Or should I give her more time? I dont have a problem going in, have before, but dont wanna stress her out if I dont have to, If Im just being impatient.

4. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I went ahead and went in, that seems to have stimulated her to have the afterbirth. So yeah shes done, went in and theres nothing else there. Darn I wanted a doeling... but at least buckling and mama are healthy. :)

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    You did a fine job in the time frame! Congrats on the little guy too!