The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two baby boer goats about a month ago, and we are looking to make a new addition. They are four months old and weren't sure what age to get. I understand that it's best to get them all around the same age, but we were offered a great deal on a nanny and her young kid, but I wasn't sure if the nanny will search for dominance and hurt our little one!

·
Super Moderator
58,870 Posts
Mom probably is going to butt them. If you can put a separation wall between them so they can see and smell each other. Then slowly introduce them.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I brought in a momma and 3 of her kids to my herd a while back and although she was protective of her babies she never got too rough with my other little ones. I would just be leery of leaving them together unattended for too long until everyone gets big enough to defend themselves.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I got two baby boer goats about a month ago, and we are looking to make a new addition. They are four months old and weren't sure what age to get. I understand that it's best to get them all around the same age, but we were offered a great deal on a nanny and her young kid, but I wasn't sure if the nanny will search for dominance and hurt our little one!
It just depends on the doe. I cannot put a bottle baby with my herd, because the other does knock the tar out of them. I do have one doe that will accept a bottle baby - she is a former bottle baby herself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts