The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 10wk old kids, went out this am to feed and noticed runny diarrhea. Both are acting fine and are eating. I did add a handful of sweet feed to their regular grain (feeding 1 cup 2x day purina growth medicated feed) could this be the cause?
Help! Not sure what to do!

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
2 10wk old kids, went out this am to feed and noticed runny diarrhea. Both are acting fine and are eating. I did add a handful of sweet feed to their regular grain (feeding 1 cup 2x day purina growth medicated feed) could this be the cause?
Help! Not sure what to do!
What breed are they? Did you get a rectal temp on them? It could be the sweet feed since it is new. They are at the age for coccodia also.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Does only probios gel.work or anything?
It is my opinion that Probios is the best brand of probiotics, but there are others, like JumpStart, and Goat's Prefer, also Replamin (the mineral gel) has probiotics in it, too.

The Probios won't fix it if it is cocci. Only a cocci drug will do that. But if it is a rumen upset because of the change in feed, the Probios will work like a charm.

Probios will also help protect the digestive system from the cocci drugs, if the OP has to give them.

In other words, it can only help, not hurt (except for your pocketbook!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take away all grain while they are scouring, give them hay only and Probios gel, get a fecal for cocci.
Good luck.
I'm going to go get the probios, I have used it on my horses before. I am thinking it's the sweet feed.
Daughter works for vet, she is going to take in a focal tomorrow
Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts