Help... ??? PINK EYE ???

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by SouthernSky, Feb 19, 2008.

1. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    :question: Can anyone tell me how to treat my Nigerian herd for pink eye? I have been told to use terramyacin ointment, but for how many days, etc. Only our 2 bucks have been having eye discharge for the past 2 weeks off & on, so I just assumed that it was dust irritaion like a few months back. For that occassion we called our vet out & were told that it was only dust irritaion. Any information on how to treat & get my lttle ones well again will be greatly appreciated. Also is it safe to use on pregnant does :baby: ? Thank you in advance for your help.

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I had a couple goats back in the fall that had some sort of eye irritation. I used the terramycin ointment for probably about a week, until it cleared up. You put about a 1/4 inch line directly on the eye. Not sure about preggo does....

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if it is just eye irritation then try putting some triple antibiotic ointment on the eyes and even a teabag held on the eye for as long as you can (upto 20 minutes) is suppose to help.

here is a link to some information I gathered on pink eye when dealing with it with one of my goats, also on there is a link to pictures and what I did to treat my doe Destiny.
    http://www.endofthelinefarm.com/pinkeyehelp.htm