The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:question: Can anyone tell me how to treat my Nigerian herd for pink eye? I have been told to use terramyacin ointment, but for how many days, etc. Only our 2 bucks have been having eye discharge for the past 2 weeks off & on, so I just assumed that it was dust irritaion like a few months back. For that occassion we called our vet out & were told that it was only dust irritaion. Any information on how to treat & get my lttle ones well again will be greatly appreciated. Also is it safe to use on pregnant does :baby: ? Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I had a couple goats back in the fall that had some sort of eye irritation. I used the terramycin ointment for probably about a week, until it cleared up. You put about a 1/4 inch line directly on the eye. Not sure about preggo does....

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
if it is just eye irritation then try putting some triple antibiotic ointment on the eyes and even a teabag held on the eye for as long as you can (upto 20 minutes) is suppose to help.

here is a link to some information I gathered on pink eye when dealing with it with one of my goats, also on there is a link to pictures and what I did to treat my doe Destiny.
http://www.endofthelinefarm.com/pinkeyehelp.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts