The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
give the probios as well...Good job finding the mold!!

toxoid is for prevention...C D Antitoxin is for treatment..Many places dont carry the C D Antitoxin ..its hard to find. I order it from jeffers..

·
Registered
31,055 Posts

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
you can drench them with electrolytes...go slow, be sure they swollow...Its very hard and stressful to drench them with the amount of water that they need...I would do 40-60 cc at a time...rest then go again in an hour or so...if you make the electrolyte recipe I posted...many goats love it and it might get them to drink with out havng to be drenched..

On probiotic : if its gel...give a click or two...: )

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OK here is an update on her. She is drinking fine, eating lightly and seems to be not as depressed. However I have noticed her sides are a bit larger and now she will go pee and only a lil will come out, she will stand there a few seconds longer and still nothing. and I even seen her 1 time trying to go pee but nothing. IM so confused:confused: So now what do I do?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't know how often does get it but it sounds very much like kidney stones. The only other thing would be UTI...? I assume goats can get that.
My friend had a wether that had stones and it showed like bloat. Thankfully I thought to ask her if he'd been peeing (he had not. Been posturing but no pee).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Unfortunately I don't know what to do about stones. (I heard something about ammonium chloride? But others will surely know more about it than I. Sorry!) I sent my friend to the vet with hers, because of the fact that he wasn't peeing at all.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hope this helps. I'm still new here, and new to goats. But you can see for yourself if this fits symptoms, etc. And if so it has an ammonium chloride dosage to give. Hope your goaty feels better soon :(

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
We just had a blocked wether and he would have literally busted if the vet hadn't tubed him to release some air
That's exactly what we had to do except no vet because the closest one is an hour away. It was a stressful night

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
Hows your doe feeling?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
She is doing MUCH better. I think it "might" have been the fact it was her 1st heat, Don't know for sure being as I did all that stuff to her.:confused: However I did not repeat it and she is eating fine and romping around like she normally does.:D Thank you all for your advice and help!!! I have come away from this with learning a lot more about goats, just hope it all sticks in this head of mine....lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
good to hear....if it was her coming into heat..count on it again in about 21 days lol

21 - 37 of 37 Posts