Help please on FF

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by nancy d, Mar 24, 2011.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    FF Doe due any day. Hasnt dropped much, no bagging up, dark blood on behind this am, blood on herd queen horns.
    FF eating & pooping great, no foul odor but this blood seems to be a bad sign.
    Is in kidding stall now, no available vet. Have no preg doe meds such as lute.
    Need your help & prayers please
    Didnt think she was preg as vulva tight as it ever was & herself not huge but can hide preg well.

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Cloe did the same stuff and held off for almost 2 weeks before she kidded. Just keep checking the ligs. Oh and Cleo didn't get a good bag untill like the day before. She bagged some , but not good till right before

3. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    She the jumpiest doe ever, tried to check for injury with hubby holding her. This blood is dark red she could have been butted last night

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    You know how to check ligs right? Just feel the tail near the points of her pelvis and you will find them. If they are easy to feel you got a bit.

As to the blood dark could be old or if it is flowing you might need to check on her. I assume this is coming out of her vag?

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Not always...it may just be a small vein... that is bleeding...is it alot of blood?
    if it isn't much and she stops bleeding she should be OK..... :hug:

Also check to see if she has a cut on her vulva....

6. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    does not appear to be coming from vulva...there might be 2-3 dried tsp blood..herd queen has it on the curve of both horns not on tips, thank God.
    Preg doe also limping slightly on one rear leg but is tearing into her hay.
    She has always been real skitterish, jumped all around while checking a bit ago got some off cant see with dried stuff.

also not the slightest udder but I cant bank on that. Ligs will be impossible to check Im not good at it
    sorry if I dont make sense

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I'd Separate her from the Doe beating on her....you don't want her getting slammed in the belly....
    Some Does wait til the last moment to get in milk.... Have some Oxyticin( Make completely sure ...the Doe is finished kidding before you give it) from a vet... for milk let down ...in case... she doesn't have enough ...also get some good colostrum to.....

Are you feeding her any grain and Alfalfa hay?... it helps to build her milk.... also....make sure she drinks plenty of water.....

She may have a little wound where the dried blood is.... :hug:

8. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    thanks Pam I put her in a stall by herself. SHe's eating alfalfa really good (everyone gets it)
    Along with the ones who have aready kidded she's been getting grain too.
    Have no oxy on hand.

9. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    watch the grain. Dont give too much or she will scour.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK, do you have a due date for her? I have had seeral does not get a bag at all until they kid. I had one doe that had NO bag and I had no idea she was even pregnant, then she had a bag and delivered a baby that nite. I was so worried about her having any milk at all, but she had a single and she had a little milk at nite, but I gave her some hot molasses water, and she sucked it down, so I gave her more until she was full, then in the morning her bag was plenty big and she did great. She was only barely a year old, I did NOT wnat her bred at all.

I do not use the oxi I use Molasses water, and it has helped every time.

Also, let he eat the placenta when she delivers it if she will, it is really good and it helps to let down the milk, something about what is in it.

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome... :hug: I pray that all goes well... :hug: :pray:

12. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Lori thanks, today would be day 157. I'll go give her some hot mol water usually dont give it till after kidding.
    Yes Thanatos am aware of the possible scouring w/too much. She doesnt get very much grain she's one of the low gals on the totem pole.

13. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    delivered mostly hairless no eyed fetus & small placenta. no bag at all managed a couple squirts cannt get in she too wild vet coming soon

14. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I'm so sorry... looks like that whole pregnancy just didn't have a chance. I hope she does better next time. again, sorry for your loss

15. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    xrays showed no more kids. Vet gave her shot of Exceed & some oxy, which I will give more of later today. She still needs 7 days of pen.
    Milked her a bit, got plenty colostrum even though there's virtually no udder right now.
    What a morning. Thanks so much for everyones input & condolences.

16. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Sorry you lost the kid, but the doe seems healthy and that is really good. For me, it sucks to lose kids through abortion or at birth (or right after), but my first concern is my doe.

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    The bright side in all this is she let me milk her unrestrained!