The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a year old pygmy wether who lives with our 13 year old female goat. The male is bleating very loudly and constantly. I can not figure out what to do. He is starting to bother our neighbors and that has me worried. He has plenty of water, food, attention etc. If he sees anyone he starts bleating and it goes on for hours. I love this little guy, but my other goats have never done this. He kind of reminds me of a preschooler who needs a lot of attention. Any suggestions of how to calm him down would be very appreciated! Or is this just this goats personality.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
31,746 Posts
If he has plenty of hay and water, peeing pooping bright eye and alert..no fever, and all seems well other than being mouthy...Maybe just spend more time with him?? If his companion is not very energetic he may do wel with another younger goat to play with...he sounds like hes bored..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Kathy. I've been wondering the same thing. I'll keep my eye open for a more active friend for him.

Cindy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it's not new. It's just so loud and once he starts keeps going. He's lived with us for over a year. I am going to look into finding a friend for him that is younger. Our old mama goat would probably be thrilled to have some of the attention taken away from her!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts