The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently tried to treat a four month old wether for cocci because I noticed some funny fecal. When u went out this morning, he now has full on scours. Cocci medicine didn't do a thing! What else could it be? Should I treat with safeguard and see if that does anything? I'm about to go into work too. Will he be okay if I wait until after my shift or should I call in sick??

·
Super Moderator
58,925 Posts
You should really have a fecal done to find out what it is. What did you use to treat the coccidia and at what dosage?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using the generic 12.5% sulf-I can't remember the whole word off my head, its so long! It's from the vet though, I gave him some dectomex for worms, and that seemed to help. He weighs about twenty pounds, so I started with four ml the first day, and then the next nine days, I'm giving him about 2 ml. And that also seems to be helping! I actually did decide to go and take a fecal, and yes, he had a tiny amount of worms, and cocci. So everything worked out! Thanks so much for the help!

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
Cocci treatment can take a bit to dry them up..keep withthe program and redo the fecal to be sure the treatment was successful...a bit of pepto witll sooth his tummy (cause cocci hurts) and help dry his bum....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great! Thanks! He seems to be a very happy little goat now! Thanks so much for the help!:yum:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts