The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's about 4 months old. Pygmy wether. Doesn't have diarrhea but poop is clumped not at all like berries. Pale membranes. Not listless but not his usual self.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
is there any fever or low temp? get a fecal but if the poop is green you will want to get some sulfa drugs started for coccidia. i would start on red blood cells in the meantime to get the anemia under control

·
Super Moderator
58,905 Posts
He is at a ripe age for coccidia. You could always have a fecal test done to include coccidia to see what is going on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmmm...yes, definitely take his temp. Also have you started him on probiotics yet? Make sure he is drinking and eating..happy bleats has a great homemade electrolytes recipe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Enchantedgoats is right on though! Start treating for anemia while you wait to get a fecal done, but I would call your vet ASAP to get that started.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Membranes look a bit pinker. I still want to start red cell. How much should I give?
Should I deworm as well just to be safe?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drinking water and the electrolyte mix. Eating plenty (may need to go on a diet). I can't get a temp bc someone decided to break my thermometer. :( and can't get a fecal because my vet won't return my calls.

·
Super Moderator
58,905 Posts
Those types of dewormers usually don't work.

Get injectable Ivomec Plus or Valbazen. You would also want to get Sulmet or DiMethox for coccidia.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update! Sorry so late my Internet has been down. Ok so I got ahold of the vet and had a fecal done. They had a lot of worms so the vet gave them a strong dewormer. Everyone is doing great now. Thanks for the help!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts