The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I breed Giant Flemish kits and mine usually have 10 plus kits. I have been looking after my sisters while she is away. Her rabbit just had 2. I found one dead today (had straw or something that strangled it). So now only one 4 day old kit left. It is feeding well, but I am concerned it may freeze to death because it is by itself. I am going to heat up a wheat bag and out under it...Any suggestions - has hair covering it which is good but still only 4 days old. HELP

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Do you have a box that mom and kit can go into? I know it's drafy this time of year in NZ and a closed box with a small hole mom can go in and out of is helpful. We had babies in the dead of winter once though we had 4-5 little ones.

A hot water bottle will help too if it's really cold in there. Just warm it up every few hours and slip it under the hay/bedding.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Say are you selling the kids or not becuse I need 1 black buck Flemish giant

Bunnies and goats and chickens rock my world

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Hmmmm... that's a hard thing to say. What is the temp at night? If they are hardy and the weather isn't too cold, it should be fine. Do you have a nest box? Did she pull a bunch of fur?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts