The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a baby boy goat 5 months with what looks like some sort of growth near his eye, it feels like a scab but looks like a callous :confused::confused:: there is also one under this eye and on the other side of his face... I just dont know.. the one on top of his eye is growing starting to close his eye... it doesnt seem to bother him. everything else looks healthy. please help thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I don't think it looks like Ring worm at all, more like a wart. I too would get them to a vet just to be sure.

·
Registered
30,594 Posts
there was some one else on here with what looked like a wart on their goat....they were advised not to touch it, ..take him to the vet ...

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
there was some one else on here with what looked like a wart on their goat....they were advised not to touch it, ..take him to the vet ...
yeah I read that, it was something seriously bad, goathiker said what it was but dont remember what it was. To me it looks like ring worm

·
Super Moderator
58,877 Posts
Goathiker suggested it was Papilloma and to get the goat to a vet for testing. This was on the other thread that the growth looks like these.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I just had our Vet out and he said it is Ringworm!! Good guess guys! He said sometimes baby goats get it because their immune system is not mature yet.. And just leave it,it will run its course, or if I want to put an anti fungal cream on it I could.. Thank you :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes he did tell me, that's why I am a bit reluctant to put the anti fungal cream on him.... I guess I could wear gloves.. We always wash good after touching the goats... Thank you

·
2,203 Posts
I would have a scrape test done for mites as well, but I'm swaying towards papilloma. Warts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts