The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a month and a half Nigerian buckling that has a stick or a piece of bark stuck in this throat. i cant grab it with my fingers and i dont want to use pliers since i can injure him. i dont want to bring vet but i will if i have to. Im planing to sell him in a couple of weeks... he is also having difficulty breathing.

·
Super Moderator
58,419 Posts
Go in with narrow tongs from the kitchen. Those shouldn't be sharp. Or get him to the vet asap. You could lose him if you don't get it out now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he is trying to grind it up since its able to come out an little by itself (after holding his mouth open and shaking him a little). Maybe he is trying to eat it? he is not coughing. i also wanted to us pliers to grab it but my sister in law (nurse) convinced me not to since he moves alot so its easy to stab him. im trying to find a small pair and i will try cushioning the sharp edges or something.
The big problem is that he isnt trying to expel it but to swallow it. i was able to make it come out a little but then he goes an swallows it back down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i only have a large pair of nylon tongs thing that is to wide. my sister in law saw him cough it up but then he swallowed it right back down...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im starting to think he can figure it out him self... he is breathing but just labored and is foaming at the mouth. i freaked out when i first saw him but im calming down a bit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
problem solved. thankfully he expelled some cud which knocked it out. he is breathing fine just shaking a bit due to the experience. darn little guy scared me. my family wanted to have him for Easter diner.

·
I'm watching you
22,187 Posts
A hemostat in your goat box is an awesome tool. They are the clamps used during surgery. They can be sterilized and will clamp tight onto things. They won't damage skin like pliars.

·
Registered
30,136 Posts
glad this had a happy ending...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts