The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I used to go on a trip somewhere in the continental US every year but it's been six years since our last one. So within the next year or so we have been wanting to plan something big. Here is what he have it narrowed down to. Here is a list of reasons why we want to go to each place in no particular order.

Alaska - This would be an easier trip then the others because it's in US and less expensive. The trip would consist of hiking and some fishing as well as whatever seems like fun at the time.

Italy - Second most expensive flight. Language barrier could make things difficult. Would be mostly a cheese and wine tour as well as some cultural things like seeing Rome.

Australia - Most expensive in regards to flight costs. Mostly cultural trip. See the sights, maybe go on a horseback ride in the alps and just have a good time.

So whats your vote?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Australia or Alaska!

·
Super Moderator
58,831 Posts
It really depends on what you like to do most. Especially Italy and Australia, you would want to do a LOT of sightseeing of castles and monuments and famous places, etc. In Alaska, it could be a more outdoorsy vacation and the sightseeing would really be outdoor stuff.

I'd probably do Italy but I love to tour old castles and stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If you go to italy you can get a wine and cheese tour, check with a travel agent about it then book the trip yourself. I've heard great things about alaska but i have enough cold weather here in new hampshire, so no thanks. I have been to italy and i loved it!! So many things to see! To me there is no question it would be italy but not in july or august, too hot.

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So far 5 Alaska, 3 Australia, 6 Italy

did you mean Austria? Because the alps are not in Australia
Nope I meant the Australian Alps but Austria is also very beautiful.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My parents have been planning a trip to Alaska for over a year, their itinerary looks amazing! I was hoping to go with them (been missing the folks more than I thought I would since I moved out with my boyfriend a year and a half ago when I turned 18) but they're going to be staying in Alaska for nearly 2 months and I can't be away from the goats that long. They're going to be taking their RVs up and seeing ALL the sights, every day is planned from sun up til sun down with activities and cool travelling. The brochures and pamphlets they have make me drool looking at all that beautiful land, if I ever give myself a vacation that's my first destination.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have two places I have always wanted to go. Alaska is one and New Zealand is the other..But I am sure whatever you choose you will enjoy.

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Well, I cast my vote for Alaska. My sister and her husband took a trip to Alaska a year or so ago, and the photos were absolutely amazing! Actually made me want to go visit and I'm a confirmed homebody! :eek:

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
That movie is AWESOME! I love the scene where he is riding his horse down that steep hill after the black stallion. It would be so cool if you could go to the same areas they filmed that movie.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts