Help us name our farm

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by trob1, Nov 15, 2007.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    We close on our 107 acres today and we are gonna need a farm name. Hubby doesnt like Little Wishes LOL and he doesnt want our last name in it. Here is a description of the land. Ther is a 3+ acre quary pond in the front and the land slopes up then levels off and at the top you have a view in the front of Buckeye Ridge and some other Ridge in the back. There are alot of huge rocks, Hickory and ceder trees. It is located in Marshal county on Harris Cemetary Road. Here are the names we have come up with.

Rock Ridge Farm
    Hickory Ridge Farm (not sure about this one cause there is a Hickory Ridge TN.)
    Ridge View Farm
    Last stop Farm (this one is a joke because it is located on Haris Cemetary Road and right beside Harris Cemetary.)

What other names can you come up with.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I like Ridge View Farm. Or another suggestion because you have a view of both ridges , Double Ridge Ranch....Or Ridge Hollow Farm, Ridge Valley Ranch?? Because you are between the 2 and of course lower than the ridges.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm pretty sure I have already heard of Hickory Ridge and possibly Ridge View....
    Ridge Valley sounds nice :)

4. sunshineandtulip

sunshineandtulip New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Missouri Ozarks
    Okay I am no tgood with names but I will throw my 2 cents in anyways... How about Rock Valley or Hickory Valley, Cedar Ridge? Yeah I am not good at farm names!!! Last Stop is funny though!!

5. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Cedar Ridge is in KY or TN. I like

Rock View
    Hickory Rock
    Rock Ridge
    Cedar Rock
    Hickory Hill