HELP! Valbazen given to pregnant does!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Sweetsunshine, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Sweetsunshine

Sweetsunshine New Member

Aug 25, 2019
    Seven Springs, NC
    Please help! Long story short... New buck who busts though fencing got into doe pasture 7-6-19, 7-12-19. Does dewormed with valbazen 6-5-19, 6-15-19, and one doe dewormed 7-21-19. Also, new doe was dewormed 7-6-19 on the day I brought her home, so one day before breeding. Unsure if does were in heat or not but it's quite possible. Several have not come back into heat. Please help!! At this point, I'm not sure if it's best to lutalyse, or if it would be too stressful for does, or just wait it out and see what happens. I would love advice, or any experiences on the matter. Thanks very much!

2. Sweetsunshine

Sweetsunshine New Member

Aug 25, 2019
    Seven Springs, NC
    Does anybody have any advice? Anything?

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Most of them were dewormed prior to breeding. There isn't a guarantee that there will be a problem. I would just let it go and watch. If there are any problems, at least you know the reason. But there is a good chance no problems will crop up.

Sweetsunshine likes this.
  4. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
  5. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Thanks, was typing while you were posting.

6. Amber89

Amber89 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2018
    I accidentally wormed one halfway thru pregnancy and she did fine no problem ..im thinking its a possibility of a problem if they early pregnancy and then you worm them..so if they was wormed before breeding i think it shud be ok..But im still a newbie fingers crossed for you

7. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

The eggs would not have been implanted on the one doe, the other may or may not reabsorb her pregnancy.

8. Sweetsunshine

Sweetsunshine New Member

Aug 25, 2019
    Seven Springs, NC
    Thanks y'all so very much! She's getting ultrasounded on Sept 10th, but I was so scared. I appreciate each one of your responses!