The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a new 3 month old nubian buck. Right now it's in a pen without the nannys because i haven't banded it yet, i have some questions. When i band it the first day will it be okay to let it be in the pen with the nannys? Do you think its even an issue with it being only 3 months? (note i have one nanny 4 months old) also do u think the other goats will take to him well? Im worried about the 7 month old nanny, she thinks she rules the pen haha.

·
Super Moderator
58,832 Posts
I band and put my bucklings right back in the pen with the girls. I'm sure he will get beat up a bit. I would make sure he has a way of getting away from anyone beating him up. Also make sure that he gets plenty of food and water.

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
It depends, is he riding everyone and bringing "It" out?
If not, he may be OK. It is your choice on what to do.

If the boys are not bringing it out(extending it) I will leave them in the pasture with my does and doelings, until 3 months old, only if, they are being good. Otherwise, they are removed at 2.5 months old at the youngest. This is with boer kids

Use your best judgment.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I banded him and put him in the pen he's doing good not trying to breed anything lol but my 6 month doe is always next to him but he doesn't do anything so I'm not worried :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm sure breeding is the last thing on his mind! He is probably thinking he is in a little discomfort after getting a band on his testicles!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts