Help with color descriptions

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, May 24, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I need to get my last two mini-mancha's paperwork sent in. Especially since I have Moon backup for sale. But I have no ideal what to put for their descripiton.

Anyone have any ideals on this?

Here is Moon:
    [​IMG]

Here is Honey:
    [​IMG]

2. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Ok, let me change that to I just sold him.

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    he's like.. couclair?? i dunno one of the cou colors..

she appears to be a broken chamoisee

4. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    He could be, I was thinking maybe a red buckskin w/badger face but I think the pattern is wrong for that.

5. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    He doesn't have the full cape, so I would think that he would be a cou clair... but I dunno =/

And if that black strip does go down her back, she would be a broken chamoisee.

I agree with SDK :) Hopefully more people chime in, though!

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Moon is a cou clair. You could put brown or red cou clair. Honey looks like a chamoisee/buckskin mix to me, she might even have cou clair hidden on here. But she's most like a chamoisee... I would just put red with black and white markings.

7. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    The black strip does go all the way down Honeys back. Now see this is why I ask since I thought to be cou clair that the front should have been like a lighter tan or grey color.

Ok, I have their papers filled out and ready to go. I never knew that this color thing would be so hard. This is worse then registering longhorns.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    first goat is a couclair the other well its some broken pattern and could even be two patterns mixed broken with white so best to just go with the actual colors for description.