Help with Deccox dosage

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by cdtrum, Jun 5, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    OK......Here we go again.....did fecals on little guys today and their cocci numbers were up a bit, so vet wants me to top dress their grain with Deccox crumbles for the next 2 months....he said with the humid, wet warm weather and the fact that Bones came to us with such a heavy load, we are having a hard time keeping their numbers down. The label dosage is for large herds.......has anyone used the crumbles or know what the dosage would be for a 25 lb kid?....label says 0.1 pound per 100 pounds of body weight, I am horrible at math.
    Thanks, Denise

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    .025 lb would be the dose, or .4 oz, or about 11 grams...whatever's easiest depending on your scale I guess.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Denise....I wish I could help.. but I don't know the answer with Deccox....I never used it... :hug:

I am sorry ...that your goats are still fighting with cocci....I am praying for them... :pray: :hug:

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks Pam.....yes, their counts were up a bit on the fecals, so vet wants to have them on the Decccox for a couple of months and try and clear it out......I took some Deccox into the vet this morning and he weighed it out for me to be sure of correct dosage......Thanks FunnyRiverFarm.......you were right on the money!!!!!!!!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome....Denise.... :hug: ......man that darn cocci .... :( .....I wish ...it would stop giving your goats problems....I feel so bad ....... you have been fighting so hard ...to get rid of it............hopefully Deccox will help............. :hug:

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    No problem--I'm going to school for nursing so I've gotten really good at conversions :)

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My vet suggested as preventive measure to add 1 lb of Deccox to 25lb loose minerals freechoice to my does startin at 3 months into pregnancy...to prevent shedding of the cocci oocysts. I chose not to do this but to do individual prevention doses of Di Methox because I milk my does 2 -3 weeks after they freshen. With your boys though, you obviously don't need to worry about milking so maybe check with your vet on adding the Deccox to the minerals freechoice.