HELP WITH KIDDING PROBLEM/question?!?!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goatygoatsrule, Feb 28, 2009.

1. goatygoatsrule

goatygoatsrule New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    New Jersey
    Im new here, and i need help
    :help: I have a doe who is about 3 this is her first time kiddding, 4-5 days ago she started producing milk and had a slight discharge with some blood in it, she also had the goo string. She is really sunkin in, hasnt made much milk, (her mom didnt either her first kidding dont know if that matters we didnt even she was pregant until we saw the baby.) she has been getting lazy doesnt want to eat much only drinks a little, and she wants to be alone only to come out for a few minutes to see whats goin on then goes back to her house. Within in the last two days the baby has dropped i was able to feel it on her side now i can only feel it under her belly by her udder. she still has blood discharge when she pees and sometimes when she lays down, will her baby be soon, is there anything to do to help her, or will she wait until the middle of the ice/snow storm we have rolling in tommorrow night... :shrug: I gave her some mollases and corn syrup tonight to help keep her energy up its getting colder 60f yesterday 18f tonight great huh?

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Do you have an actual due date on her? It sounds like shes getting close. The Does code of honor states that she must do her kidding in the worst possible time and place. We are waiting on one ourselves and its blizzard conditions right now. Our doe has been leaking a clear/whitish goo for a month now. It changes to amber colored, blood streaked, back to clear, clear/whitish, amber etc... Her udder is not that big, think big grapefruit size. Hopefully she will go soon but she may wait until April. Is the goo string a fat ropey looking string or is it thin and drippy?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    First off welcome.. :wave:
    It may be soon... :greengrin:
    do you know her due date? Usually they start filing there milk in there udder 1 month prior to kidding.... but some wait until the last minute...or don't have much at kidding..
    Is her barrel big? from veiwing her from behind?
    can you get pics?
    she may have multiple kids inside and she doesn't have much room for food and water....
    the kids are also pushing on her bladder ...that is why she leaks....

have you taken her temp?

4. goatygoatsrule

Feb 25, 2009
    New Jersey
    It was long not thick but not thin, i not sure how to describe it her momma never did any of this (i kinda liked it that way) :greengrin: her udders arent really big but her mom had two kiddings and she never produced alot of milk until the kids were here. from the top she looks starved where her sides sunk in, she doesnt like to be touched by her tail so i cant get a good feel on her ligs. but the baby has dropped, within the last 2 days, how long after the kid drops before she has it...will the mollasses help her with energy if she doesnt want to eat? she did this to us after she first started discharge, we put up then we out to check on her she looked at me like umm can you let me out what i do now, then i went out today a day later and shes laying around not doin much of anything. today it looked like she was having contractions but it was time to eat so she got up and...forgot...to have the baby...? :shrug:

5. goatygoatsrule

Feb 25, 2009
    New Jersey
    its raining and dark out right now i might be able to get a pic, if not will take some tomorrow and try to post them, i dont have a date she and billy met august, september somewhere in there :oops:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if it was August she should have been due in December - January. If it was September that the deed was done it would be January -February. She is ready to go any day now.

the bloody discharge has me a bit concerned but if she isn't showing signs of pain or discomfort besides ready to be done with pregnancy then I would wait it out a couple more days. But I would have a vet on stand by just in case she has difficulties.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with stacey....

and she does sound close.... :hug:

8. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    She sounds like she still has a few days to go. I honestly don't know about the Molasses water so others will have to advise on that. I think you are in the same situation as we are. We don't have an ACTUAL due date on ours either, just a guesstimation on when to expect things.

9. goatygoatsrule

Feb 25, 2009
    New Jersey
    the pics arent that great she was ready for bed, ill try tomorrow...
    its not only raining its sleeting, and the weather man just annonced....
    ya ready...
    5-10inches of snow by mon :doh:
    i want snow but not with her like this but if she will have the baby ahhh then LET IT SNOW!

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sounds to me that she is getting restless and close to delivery.

What breed is she?

Pics would definately help

Do you have a temp on her?

Molassas water is great - is she eating at all?

11. goatygoatsrule

Feb 25, 2009
    New Jersey
    Shes a Nigerian Dwarf.

I dont have a temp on her will try to get one tomorrow. What is the range for goat temp, i have so many pages in my favorties and i dont remember, this is the most imformed ive been THANKS GUYS!! :grouphug:

She picks at her food alittle. she is drinking,

12. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
  13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    normal temp 101.5-104

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How is she doing? To me it sounds like she will be going any day. I would watch her and offer her some calcium in t he form of tums if you have them, or crush up some calcium pills if you have them and let her eat what she wants.

Keep a eye on her and make sure that she is drinking. I would bet that she is waiting for this storm to come then you will have beautiful babies on the ground.

Look at kelebek post about the baby. She made a great looking sweater for her baby out of a sock. Something you might want to do if it is going to be that cold.

Keep us posted on the progress.

OH By the way WELCOME GLAD YOU FOUND US. :wave:

15. goatygoatsrule

Feb 25, 2009
    New Jersey
    Re: HELP WITH KIDDING PROBLEM/question?!?!/ BAD NEWS UPDATE pg1

Horrbile update:
    My dad went out to feed eveyone about 7am and she was fine, I got up at about 9 and went out and she was gone, her body was cold, I checked for baby movement but with no luck no heartbeat either, :tears: . I lost both momma and baby, her mommas gonna miss her where ever she was momma was and vicaversa, her momma stayed by her side, though out this whole thing, I will miss her as i only had three girls and 1 boy, i could even tell you who was hollerin by the sould of the maaaa. Her momma had 2 kiddings with out even a sign, just go out and you see something little run by, but not her.
    :tears: :sigh:

16. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    I am so sorry for your loss. We all know how hard it is to lose a goatie friend or two. Its tough. :hug: to you. And again sorry this happened. Cathy

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow thats crazy, I never would have imagined! I am so sorry :hug: :tears:

18. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh this is tragic, so sorry for your loss. :( :hug:

19. capi71

capi71 New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Jasper, Georgia
    :( I am so sorry!! I just went through this, too. We are here for you!! :hug:

20. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I am so sorry about your loss :grouphug: