Help with lambs

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by moday, Feb 16, 2009.

1. moday

moday Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Does anyone have a website identified that is as usefuel as this one, but pertains to lambs and sheep?

We are going to add a couple club lambs to the herd of 3 goats, and I need to find some information.

I do know about the copper in the food issue. I hope to keep goats and sheep seperate, but in the same pasture.

Please advise on a website if available.

Thanks

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I keep American Blackbelly sheep with my goats. They seem to get along great - but the mineral thing is a huge issue. My sheep LOVE to get into my goat minerals and they can't so it is a dance and since they are penned together for winter - I have to do the dance of giving the goats their minerals every other day in a bucket - so needless to say with 17 of them in the doe pen - I get mauled and the sheep (5) trying to push them away!

One thing I will definately reccommend DO NOT keep a ram around your goats - he WILL breed your girls (tough lesson learned!) causing miscarriages and issues with your breeding schedules.

I personally have not found a sheep forum like this one - but if you happen to stumble across one, will you let me know also???

3. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Mylamb.com . I can't get on do to new anti-virus at the moment, but it a good site for raising club lambs. Homesteading.com has a sheep area with nice and helpful people. I also raise club lambs and would be happy to help the best I can. Shelly

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    if you need any help with sheep, feel free to ask me, I have a flock of them =]

LW