The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some medicine on the horse site and was wondering if I got the right stuff.. All on the site it says baycox but not on the bottle. It says Toltrazuril in small letters it says toltrazuril coccidiocide... I need to be sure this is the right stuff for cocci and its prevention.. Also what dosage do you give and how do you give it.. Thank you very much.

·
1,983 Posts
That is the right stuff dosage is 1cc per 5 pounds. If the girls have cocci you can retreat in 2 weeks. If you are using to prevent you can dose them again in a month. FYI after you open it I would store it in the fridge. You give it orally.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Erica. I appreciate it. Wanted to have it on hand and know how to use it just in case.. I don't know why but I get very few responses to my post. thank you again both of you.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
You just give one dose right?
Never used it before... But I have been thinking of getting some and using that instead of buying more Sulmet...

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Thanks!! I'll have to look into it some more!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think its worth the cost if it works as good as everyone is saying. I got my new milkstand this week and I just found out a lady near me is selling out everything so I am gonna give her a call and go have a look today if she isn't busy. Wish me luck.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Baycox is the best, you are going to love it, especially if you have a lot of goats. If you are using it as preventive you just need one dose. If the goat is already poopy, and cocci poop has a distinctive odor, and sick, you may need to redose. I do not wait a full 2 weeks for that redose. I will give it if the goat is still scouring and sick after 4 days. We have had a really bad cocci year this year.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went and looked at the goats and bought one. Picking her up tonight. She has someone looking at the whole herd and equipment tomorrow and will let me know if anything is left. I will post pictures of her when I get her home.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Oh exciting!! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics ;)

Where did you order your Baycox?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://horseprerace.com/ This is where I got the baycox from.. No pictures tonight was to dark time I got home. I will post them first thing tomorrow. I keep going out and checking on them to see if their getting along. I don't remember motherhood being this hard. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts