The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

On the 29th I bought a pregnant doe who is due on March 9th. I wanted to get her sooner but that got delayed to to blood testing. We got her about an hour and a half drive away and she seemed pretty stressed. She was panting throughout the whole care ride and even once she got settled inter her new home. The previous owner did say she was panting before we got her though.

Once I got home someone told me that it is possible that she may have aborted the kids due to stress. The day that I got her I noticed that she had some very thick and creamy yellow discharge coming from down there. It was coming little by little on and off and stopped the next morning.

Her udder is defiantly bagging up and her back is feeling softer. She is still pretty nervous and scared of me in her new home. Yesterday she spent pretty much the whole day lying down in the corner of the barn. And sometimes she seemed uncomfortable by getting up and down. I want to make sure that she didn't abort the kids...

On another note, I realized she hasn't been eating or drinking that much...

Any help is appreciated as this is my first kidding season! :worried:

·
Registered
266 Posts
The discharge you described could be her losing her mucus plug. That can happen a couple of weeks in advance. She might just be preparing for kidding.

I would be concerned about her not eating and drinking much. Maybe you could entice her with some molasses water? Does she have access to hay in her chosen corner of the barn? I think b complex is usually a safe way to give them a boost.

I am still new to this so hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts