The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pygmy doe has had discharge for a while and now it is bloody and thick.She may be bred but we are unable to tell.She would be due any time this month.She was very friendly but now she hates beind touched.Today it's raining andI tryed to pet her but she would not tolerate it.I can't tell by ligaments either. :(

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'd say put her up a in a clean stall, get the number of a vet, or a goat friend in town and stay in there with her to supervise.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
This may sound weird but can you get a picture of her behind with the discharge. It would help me figure out whats up. Pygmies can have problems with kiddings.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't get pic's because it's dark in the barn and she won't move.She is laying around and they haven't been fed yet today.She does seem a little tired and stressed out.

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
I agree that you should get her to a clean stall and make sure you have plenty of bedding and warm molasses water ready. Have someone hold her and you check her ligs. I had a pygmy cross doe die when she was in labor. I agree that you should get a goat person in your area to come and see her. Ask a knowledgeable friend first and then call a vet if you can't get a friend to come out. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What is this pygmy bred to? Sorry if I scare you but if the baby is in the wrong position it will not go into full labor (pushing labor) Someone needs to go in and check to see if she is dialated and what position the baby is in. Time is really important right now and to me a basketball game or practice can wait. Something needs to be done for this doe if she is having red discharge. I have had my share of pygmy kidding problems and what you are describing does not sound good.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
any word on this one yet? I agree with you guys. Knowing from experience pygmys can have a lot of problems as their heads tend to big. I pulled my fair share of pygmy kids when i had them.
there is something wrong here. you could have a dead kid in the birth canal. or there could be two coming at once. Any number of things could be going on here. blood is not good. especially lasting a few days....
beth

1 - 20 of 211 Posts