The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My doe is due to kid any day now I just checked on her and she was pooping and her stool was green slime snotty looking!!!! Any idea what it could be does it have anything to do with her kidding?

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
I'm sorry I can't help. I hope someone can.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Could be...was the slime white? Probably pooped while she was having some discharge. Did you check her ligs? Is her udder increasing in size rapidly? Is she making a nest? Talking to her tummy? All of these things point to kidding soon (if she hasn't already). When the discharge turns to an amber/clear color, that is when she's truly in labor and due soon.

If she's just pooping "logs" that could be caused by lush spring grass. Or she could be wormy, wait till she kids and then deworm her that day.

Are you a newbie? How's she doing? Good luck, I have to go to work, but, will check on this when I get there.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
I would be concerned if its coming out her anus -- could be from worms causing the lining of her intestines to come off. I would have her poop checked for worms and coccidia.

·
Registered
29,906 Posts
Was her poop berries or soft?? lots of fresh graze?

·
Registered
29,906 Posts
I agree with the advice...pepto..no graze and no feed until firm...its a good idea to give hay 30-40 minutes before setting them out to graze...this does two things..sets the rumen up good...they wont be as hungry to be piggies and allows time for the sun to burn off the dew..wet graze causes bloat, runs and worm load...the worm rggs travel up withth edew onth grass bladed..then goat eats the eggs and starts that cycle over again...so give the sun some time and let them have hay for breakfast : )
keep C D Antitoxin handly..any time your goats get s the trotts..they need C D Antitoxin.. http://goat-link.com/content/view/159/168/#.UbuNLfaDTL8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts